GIEFF e.V. is a non-profit association (statutes) with the aim of:
- organising the festival
- informing via Internet
- archiving and securing the material
- cooperating with anthropological film festivals in Europe
The Festival itself has the aim of:
- promoting documentary cinema in the context of intra- and intercultural communication with a special emphasize on new films, videos or interactive media dealing with anthropology, sociology and cultural studies in a wide sense of the term.
- supporting the discussion on documentary, especially ethnographic filmmaking
- supporting young people giving a student award
- bringing young people and professionals in contact
Becoming a sustaining member of GIEFF e.V.
- you are supporting the continuous work of GIEFF.
- you are getting free entrance to the festival
- you can set off the fee against tax liability in Germany